Wiper Spindle Rubbers

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Electrics Wiper Spindle Rubbers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nigel Watling
    Participant

I’m having trouble finding the rubber wiper spindle rubbers for my Slough Light 15, the club spares have had these on back order for months, does anybody have any alternative suggestion as to what I could use or supplier.

Nigel

Alistair
      Participant
        Bernie
        Participant

Nigel,

I am sorry I can’t suggest an alternative myself but Both Chris Treagust and I woul dearly love to know if there is a suitable alternative source available …. can anybody help?.

Meanwhile, our back-order problem is being addressed but the problem has been complicated by the combination of the covid plague coupled with the passing of our rubber moulding contact.

B……..

Nigel Watling
          Participant

Thank you for you comments, I have ordered two spindle rubbers, part number 538.04 from the suggested company that Alistair mentioned, I’ll report back on suitability once they arrive.

Nigel

Bernie
            Participant

Nigel,

Excellent, I look forward to your “report”.

Thanks,

B……

Philip Smith

Got some from vintagecarparts.co.uk a few weeks ago, they fitted perfectly. Although my part number was 538.07, they were for a ’50 Slough built Light 15.

These were equivalent to Lucas 733874 which is the number quoted in the TOC spares list

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Philip Smith.
                Nigel Watling
                Participant

Hello Philip

unfortunatly the 538.04 I ordered are too small so will order the 538.07 set

Nigel

Nigel Watling
                  Participant

Just to give Slough Light 15 owners some feedback on the wiper spindle rubbers, the set (538.07) arrived next day and as Philip said they fitted perfectly

Nigel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.