Visit to Local N I show before Big Event NEC

Traction Owner’s Club Forums News & events Visit to Local N I show before Big Event NEC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David Selfridge
    Participant

Hi Folks

A few Pics from a local show, Ballyward, County Down, Northern Ireland,  100+ cars, only one Traction, and reminder to my Forum Friends  to visit Me and my Traction at The Pride of Ownership Stand NEC 9-11 November. My brother John and I attended a small show at the weekend, a run up to the Big One coming up in 5 weeks time. John my two brotherin- in-laws and my nephew will be joining me on the stand.

John took some photos on route from his 1960 Rover P6 (To Close for Comfort at one stage) a friend took a photo of us sharing a joke beside the Rover & the Traction.

Hope to see you all at the TOC Stand & Pride Ownership Stand. FA4EE533-13C3-4FF6-808A-CEB99F2BB31E4CCA7812-F344-4E35-8191-EEE201C52D225A259687-9028-4035-A8CE-8F9A0C471A4DE84F851C-3074-40A5-9E2A-74A9EA3627C6

David Faulkner
      Participant

John took some photos on route ………… (To Close for Comfort at one stage)

Been there and done that behind Graham Handleys Lt 15. I blamed the brake lights which is why I upgraded mine 🙂

Hope you have a good time and enjoy the event in Birmingham.

David Selfridge
        Participant

Hi Dave

I try to keep my Traction as original as possible, if you look at the top picture you will note the new metal lighting plate I had fabricated as per the original, which means the number plate and taillights/stoplights are below bumper line making them a little difficult to see. (must fit brighter S/Light Bulbs)  I have fitted small blinker lights above the rear bumper, however I didn’t want to spoil the front look of the car so I removed the sidelight bulbs and fitted amber bulbs behind the opec glass making the Sidelights redundant.   Escaped this time as the Rover P5 has excellent Servo Brakes, almost had to contact Lancaster Insurance.

Davy

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by David Selfridge.
          David Faulkner
          Participant

I added a high level LED unit in the rear window which is reasonably discreet, I understand originality, but wouldn’t like someone to rear end the car. I also have Red LED festoon’s in the tail/stop holders which you can’t see through the lens. I have considered LED units from CAS but can’t justify the cost as I do very little night driving.

David Selfridge
            Participant

On long journeys I fit flashing battery cycle rear lights,  to the two boot handles and front cycle flashing lights fitted to front grill, similar to the modern car daylight and night driving lights.

Davy

David Selfridge
              Participant

3D8AE833-4299-4282-9113-0A89EBA8CECE773A8D7F-8CDF-45F0-ADD7-237DD0D3080378BD6003-9993-4C38-AAAA-8FE39CC3A0EE15B11A6B-A178-4011-9DCF-2BC623E428E9Here we are at the NEC, Lancaster Pride Of Ownership stand, 2nd day voting seems to be going well.

Will post later must go speak to interested enthusiasts.

Davy

David Faulkner
                Participant

Put you next to a Maserati?

No competition, the Traction wins 🙂

Chris
                  Participant

The man himself next to his pride and joy.

IMG_6320 shrink

Good to see you Davy. The car looked great!

Chris

David Selfridge
                    Participant

Hi Chris

Made it to Liverpool for 8-30pm, I am  now resting after the pressure drive, making the boat, almost a steady 70 mph on the M6

Pleased to meet you and enjoyed your company and your kind words of encouragement and thanks for voting for ECV 516 and all members of the public and the TOC members for placing my car in a very competitive 3rd Podium position.

Thanks to Lawerance for visiting the Lancaster P of O stand, sharing his wisdom,  joining and supporting  me at the Prizegiving. Thanking him for inviting my brother John, my brother in law Jimmy and myself to have a sit in his plush Traction (I am envious of the rear/front room and comfortable seats.

Davy

David Selfridge
                      Participant

DB897046-4984-4BC4-963F-AFF6A4F476971D644618-9779-4099-87A2-F362B45EAB67Hi All,

Thanks to all the TOC members that joined my at the Lancaster Pride of Ownership Stand, I enjoyed the whole weekend.

Thanks for all your votes, criticisms, courtesy and warm friendliness, without your help during the past months & years the outcome could have been much more disappointing for myself and the Chevron Emblem.

Thanks to Bryan for all the coverage in the Floating Power and Chris from TOC parts, a great club to be associated with.

Thanks to all the members who helped me but unable to attend the show, you know who you are, to many to mention

Cheers,

Davy

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by David Selfridge.
                        Bernie
                        Participant

Davy,

Congratulations – and thank you for flying the “Traction” flag so admirably at such a prestigious event.  I am very sorry I could not be there to have personally witnessed the accolade being awarded.

B…………

David Selfridge
                          Participant

Thanks Bernie for your support and encouragement after our long trip to Birmingham at the weekend, I apologies for not posting sooner.

I have completed my forth Interview today with the two largest newspaper in Northern Ireland  and two small local newspapers seeking info on the Traction’s  surprising result at the NEC. They both said that this was a welcomed change for their readers, getting a chance to turn the page and read some lighter news, away from the boring politics of the Brexit Sega, which I am sure we are all fed up with.

I have also been invited (invitation Only) to one of our largested indoor Car Shows in the province at the Sleive Donard Hotel, Newcastle, County Down, held over 2 days early in the New Year. This show has never had a Traction Avant Light 12 in its list and the organisers are pleased that I have accepted. This might help to promote the Traction’s in our small part of the UK.

Regards

Davy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.