sale of gearboxes and engines

Traction Owner’s Club Forums 6 Cylinder For Sale & Wanted sale of gearboxes and engines

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Hans-Peter Dürr-Auster
    Participant

Serious health reasons made us reduce our collection and this implies the sale of 4- and 6cyl. engines and gearboxes, dynamos, wings and more. You look for them – we have them. Pls contact me for dicussing details.

Regards

Hans

Bob Cross
      Participant

Hi Hans – Peter,

I’m looking for 5 wheels and wheel nuts for a 1949 Big six. I want them to accept the classic Michelin X 185 x 400 tyres. The present wheels fitted to the car won’t accept these tyres. Do you have five? I assume you are in mainland Europe. I want the classic ‘Rubery Owen ‘ wheels with the studs to clip on the hub caps.

Also the radiator  badge , ‘wings’ and ‘6’ above or 15

If you have them how could you get them delivered to me@ At what cost?

Regards

Bob Cross

Bob Cross
        Participant

Hi Hans- Peter,

I’m in Birmingham, UK

Regards

Bob

Hans-Peter Dürr-Auster
          Participant

Hi Bob,
            A set of the very rare radiator badges and 6/15 caps for the handle hole in the grille I would like to have too, but originals not to find easily. Sorry, I cannot help. I gave last year 4 or 5 Big6’s rims to John Gillard. Perhaps you ask him. I have 185-400 Pilote rims and a restored set of 5 RAF aluminium rims (French) for 165-400 tires. Nuts are easiy to get by commercials like CIPERE. I recommand not to have the brass ones, but open steel ones. Better tightening. I have them for 17mm spanners, this avoids to have an additional 16mm spanner in the car, 17mm is much more common in a Traction.
            To get spares… I would recommend a holiday journey to the Alps. Shipping cost and …. would be rather painful.
            Regards
            Hans

Bernie
            Participant

Bob,

Grille badge for sale here ………..

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/1619416326.htm/

B…………

Philippe Allison
              Participant

Hi Bob,

The 185 x 400 rims are hard to find, my belief is that the Slough 6’s had French wheels (due to the relatively small numbers) with an English style bolt on full chrome hub cap. So you could try in France.

The radiator wings and 15-6 (French) just wings and 6 (UK) also hard to find. My picture shows correct Slough setup.P1000238

Jonathan Palmer a 6 owner from Bristol showed me a prototype he was having made of the “6” when we got together at Coventry a few weeks ago, they look really good.

If you are going to la Ferte Vidame that would be a good place to look.

Good luck Philippe

Bob Cross
                Participant

Hi Bernie and Philippe

This new forum is already proving its value. On Philippe’s prompting I have been in touch with Jonathan Palmer who tells me the Big Six

badges will be ready, whilst not immediately, some time, in the future. I can wait. That’s good news.

I have a postscript for Bernie re His remarks about a rhino.

A friend and I collect quotations  – yes, I know it’s sad –  But here is one from our collection

Konrad Adenaur 1876-1967 First Chancellor of the Post War West Germany—- “A thick skin is a gift from God”  Well, we liked it! and use it quite often.

Regards

Bob

Julian Pratt
                  Participant

Dear Hans

I am looking for a 6 Cylinder set of rockers, rocker pillars and a rocker shaft. You may have new or old….I am interested in either or both!

Regards

Julian Pratt

Hans-Peter Dürr-Auster
                    Participant

Morning Julian,

I do have the parts, but only in complete engines from 1949 to 1952. Sorry, I cannot detatch them.

Regards Hans

Barry Weir
                      Participant

Hi,  I am looking to buy a six cylinder. Or a 6 cylinder “H”.. right hand drive. Can you help?

Paul Gibbinson
                        Participant

Hi,

Any chance you’ve got an exhaust manifold for a Big 6 available ?

Thank,

Paul

Hans-Peter Dürr-Auster
                          Participant

Hi Paul,

unfortunately I have  only slightly broken ones. Better try to find the ones in 2 pieces. They had been produced in the Alsace, other source: Christophe Houzet. You need somebody being able to weld cast iron.  Only very good welders can do so. In UK you have them.

sorry for not being helpful with my stocks.

Regards

Hans

Bob Cross
                            Participant

Hi Paul,
                              I’ve had the same problem with a Big Six Exhaust manifold. (See my previous postings under Exhaust manifold wanted) I ‘repaired’ the crack with Holts Gun Gum system. this worked but looked such a mess, that ultimately I ‘bit the bullet’ and got a new exhaust manifold from Franssens, Mark Harding of Devon Tractions fitted it for me. I suppose I finally faced up to the fact that one doesn’t run a Big Six for economy – not at 15+ m.p.g. one doesn’t! so the expense of keeping these wonderful cars on the road comes at a price owners have to be prepared for. As a postscript, at the last Classic Car Show at the NEC I did enquire at a stand-Surelock Casting Repairs Tel 01572 722051 who assured me that his company could have welded my manifold by a ‘stiching’ process, with no heat distortion for approx £200. However, I’m glad I went for the new one from franssens.
                              Good Luck
                              Bob Cross

Julian Pratt
                              Participant

Hi Paul

I suggest you contact Classic Automobile Service in Holland.  https://www.cas-shop.com/en/

They are remarkably efficient and are listing a new manifold for 484 Euro. I have also negotiated second hand parts with them, and they provide an excellent service, with parts arriving like new, properly packaged and labeled with the correct part number. They are an outstanding company!

Regards

Julian

Barry Weir
                                Participant

Hi  i have a spare engine for big6    Barryweir100@gmail.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.