New (ish) member intro

Traction Owner’s Club Forums General discussions New (ish) member intro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Non Member
    Participant

I’ve been a club member for a few months and thought it was about time I said hello.

I’m new to Traction ownership having bought mine about a year ago, a 1954 French BN, but due to work restraints last year I have only just really recently had the time to get to grips with its issues – which are seemingly growing, as I  fix one problem another rears its head – but that was to be expected as my car had not been used for several years. I thought it just had clutch and brake problems but having set the clutch correctly (second time around!) I now find the engine will need removal as I’m getting coolant in the oil, more about which I’ll describe in the technical section soon.

However I  look forward to the day when I will be able to take it out on the road and get some use out of it, as that was my intended purpose in buying the car. It’s unrestored but has as some time suffered from some penny-pinching maintenance by the looks of things which I hope does not lead to any very serious issues.

I’m 52 (a relatively young owner?) and live on the south coast in Hampshire. I’ve wanted a Traction ever since I saw one for sale at a local garage when I was in my teens but was unable to persuade my father to buy it. I’m not new to classics but the Traction is the oldest car I’ve yet owned, the closest being a A60 Austin Cambridge.

Jake

Chris
      Participant

Hi Jake,

Welcome to the club! Sounds like you’re going to have some fun with your car. Luckily you are close to the spares emporium!

I hope you get to enjoy driving the car soon. Meanwhile I hope you enjoy getting your hands dirty. You should get a lot of help and and advice on here.

Chris

Philippe Allison
        Participant

Hi Jake,

My name is Philippe Allison and I am the area coordinator for the Surrey Hampshire Sussex section of the TOC. We try and meet up once a month either at the Fairmile  Cobham or some where else that takes our fancy. Would you like to be included on our mailing list, if so please email me on surrey-hants-sussex@traction-owners.co.uk

We are a friendly bunch and you won’t be short of help and advice.

Regards Philippe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.