Heater/Thermostat housing

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Bodywork & interior Heater/Thermostat housing

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jack Peppiatt
    Participant

Bernie,

Thank you for the photo and if the item from Alistair will not work then I shall certainly take you up on yours.

Alistair, hurry home safe now!!

Thanks both a great help

Regards Jack

Alistair
      Participant

Here is the awaited article! Condition as found!

The coiled wire is covered in a fabric and there is a kink around the 5cm mark. Otherwise the business end is clean and in good condition.

Alistair

IMG_0934IMG_0935IMG_0936

Jack Peppiatt
        Participant

Hi Alistair,

That is exactly what I am looking for, if you would care to let me know what you would like for it, I will gladly take it off your hands. jp@jackpeppiatt.co.uk

Regards Jack

Richard Larter
          Participant

DSCN1589DSCN1587

Richard Larter
            Participant

Hi Jack

I have just posted a picture showing the comparison between the Gipsy heater and a Morris Minor heater. As you can see from the picture of the matrix the water pipes can be on each side of the heater box, some are both on one side. I have a spare Gipsy heater if you want it but it will need restoring.

Cheers Richard

Jack Peppiatt
              Participant

Hi Richard,

That sounds like the sort of offer I should explore, shall we talk off-forum?

jp@jackpeppiatt.co.uk or 01993 891947

Thanks Jack

Jack Peppiatt
                Participant

Dear Alistair,

Thank you the adjuster arrived today and is now fitted. I cleaned it up a little and fitted it , works perfectly and since I should only need to adjust the clock twice a year, it is good enough. Actually it is far, far better than that, I am really chuffed to have restored the clock, a small tick in the right direction. Thank you Alistair.

Bernie, thank you for your offer, I am sorted but grateful for the generosity of the offer

Regards Jack

Alistair
                  Participant

Jack,

Glad to see the part is being used rather than rusting away in my attic!

Alistair

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Alistair.
                    Bernie
                    Participant

…. and I am glad to know we have another Slough car back in “full working order”!

B…………..

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.