Headlight mounting plinth Lt 15 RHD Drivers side

Traction Owner’s Club Forums For sale & wanted. Suppliers Wanted Headlight mounting plinth Lt 15 RHD Drivers side

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tim Greg
    Participant

Hi There, does anyone have (or can point me towards someone who has) a drivers side headlamp mounting plinth (that the headlamp fits onto) for a 51 Slough Lt 15, complete with captive bolts. One of my bolts is missing having pulled out of the plinth i suspect.

Thanks Tim

David Faulkner
      Participant

Is there any difference to a French car? The spare parts (English list) in the members area has them at part number 298202/3 same as the French parts list online elsewhere.

If you can confirm they are the same I have a pair you can have as I fitted chrome ones.

David Faulkner
        Participant

Managed to dig them out of the back of the garden shed so you can see what they look like to compare:

(Top and bottom views)

Headlight_mount

Tim Greg
          Participant

Thanks David. I am 90% certain they are the same, confirmed by the fact of there is only one part number around, would yours be paintable in your view?

I would be glad of the drivers side one – what would you want for it?

Rgds Tim

Tim Greg
            Participant

Yes that it,  are they the same both sides L and R do we think? I need drivers side RHD.

Tim Greg
              Participant

Hi David

I have checked on a European website and looks like they are the same Slough and France, but different Left and Right.

Patrick Russell-Jones
                Participant

Tim

The part number you need is 9547 RH. The mountings are different to the French ones assuming you have the original Lucas headlamp units. See photo.

IMG_1975

Bernie
                  Participant

Gents,

These brackets/plinths are definitely handed and the French ones are equally definitely not the same as the Slough parts.  There are two main differences ……

1) As Patrick says, the profile of the domed top (to match the recess in the lamp) is not the same for the French (Marchal/Ducellier) headlamps as the English (Lucas) version.

2) In addition, apart from the very earliest versions, the French parts have a slot to access the lamp fixing nut.  This is clearly visible in David’s pictures above.  Slough parts never had that slot.

I may have possibly have one in my stock.  I shall check when I get into the garage later this week.

B……………

Tim Greg
                    Participant

Thanks to every one, I have not got the car nearby to check, but thinking about it I dont think they have the slots, and I do have Lucas lamps..

So Thanks Bernie, let me know if you have a drivers side one you could let me purchase.

Tim

David Faulkner
                      Participant

If Bernie doesn’t have one I’ll ask James if he has one from the car he scrapped last week.

Tim Greg
                        Participant

Thanks David.

Bernie
                          Participant

Gents,

Regret I have 3 Lucas headlamp shells  but no plinths.  Sorry.

So, over to David/James.

Good luck.

b………….

Tim Greg
                            Participant

Thanks Bernie, David I would appreciate you assistance if that`s possible.

Thanks Tim

David Faulkner
                              Participant

Sorry, spoke to James Geddes this morning and he hasn’t got any Slough headlight mounting plinths. Apparently it’s quite common for the bolts to shear off them.

If your careful you can repair them, however there are 2 types,  earlier ones made of brass (stronger) and later ones from a form of white metal alloy which is more fragile.

If you careful you can drill and tap out the broken stud and replace it, originals are Imperial size whitworth thread but you could tap out to 8mm and use a set screw and once tight (maybe use a bit of ‘locktite’ as well), cut the head off to length.

The white metal alloy ones need a bit of care though as the corners can break away when drilling/tapping.

Tim Greg
                                Participant

Thanks for your help David, I will have a go at drillin out to 8mm.

Thanks Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.