Doors for a Paris built BL11

Traction Owner’s Club Forums For sale & wanted. Suppliers Wanted Doors for a Paris built BL11

Tagged: 

• This topic has 14 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David Selfridge.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Non Member
    Participant

I have started to restore my Paris built Traction BL 11 and the bottom of all the doors are rotten,  I have had one rebuilt at a cost of £450 (not painted) but was wondering if anyone had spare doors and if so how much?

Alistair
      Participant

Nick,

I have two doors but am not sure of their state. Not looked at them for some time. I will check them out when I am back home in 10 days or so. Can send pictures if you wish if you provide an email.

Alistair

Cardiff

Non Member
        Participant

Hi Alistair,

That is great news.

If you can send me some pictures once you are back home that would be good.

Nick

Alistair
          Participant

If I remember correctly they are rear doors.

Alistair

Bernie
            Participant

Nick,

See here , set of doors located in Lille, an hour from Calais (or quicker by Eurostar)
              <p style=”text-align: center;”>https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/1375916004.htm/ </p>
              These are actually from a Normale but the fronts are the same as a Legere and there is no suggestion they will not be sold individually.

B………….

David Selfridge
              Participant

Hi Nick

I have 2 new front door skins left & right including  door bottoms to suit a Legere.

Davy

David Selfridge
                Participant

Hi Nick

I also have complete glass for a Legere, Front & Rear Windshield & 4 Door Windows and complete carpet set, not new but not in bad shape. 2 complete rubber mats (flat front floor areas), 1 is made from heavy rubber and has chevrons engraved into the rubber.

Davy

Alistair
                  Participant

Nick,

I have had a look at the two doors. Both require door bottoms and skins. Probably not much use to you?

I have attached pictures:

Door 1Door1 aDoor1 dDoor2 bDoor2 c

Alistair

Non Member
                    Participant

Hi Dave,

Could you send pictures of the door skins and bottoms please ?

The chap rebuilding my doors would like to see what they look like as he has made up a set of dies to produce the door skins himself otherwise.

thanks,

Nick

Non Member
                      Participant

Hi Alistair,

thank you for the photos.  It looks like my doors are in bout the same state.

Regards,

Nick.

Non Member
                        Participant
                          David Selfridge
                          Participant

Hi Nick

I will post some Pics of the new skins and bottoms tomorrow for you.

Regards

Davy

David Selfridge
                            Participant

Hi Nick

photographs as promised, door skin and door bottom, hope they are of some help in your fabrication work.

Regards

Davy3723A436-E423-475D-B6F3-A016AAE51B00163889F1-6F7E-40AD-BEEF-6506132DDB4C255BA2E5-C9A4-4E0A-B14E-CD3F6B3EEBCC436608A4-C709-486A-8B10-129F0AF6DDBE6FE5407B-1607-4FE3-BCC4-23FF65503F77

Non Member
                              Participant

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the pictures.

I shall speak to my body work chap to see if he can use these vs. making his own up.

Can you let me know how much you want for them please?

Regards,

Nick.

David Selfridge
                                Participant

Hi Nick

From my first post regarding the front door skins, the R/H skin & bottom were sold locally for £150 about half the price I paid to TOC spares.

I would part with the L/H skin & bottom for the same price and a little help with the postage. I would very much doubt you body work chap could  fabricate for this amount especially the profiling required to the door bottoms,  It would also be easier to fabricate with a template from the opposite side. Please contact me as soon as possible as this local man may find he requires the other side, but if he does I will hold back to you contact me further.

Regards

Davy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.